Friday 9 December 2011

Cookie Exchange

Last night my Relief Society had a Christmas program, a cookie exchange, and volleyball. If you had to guess, which two would you say I made it too? Sadly, I had a conflicting event that I couldn't miss during the Christmas program, but I made it just in time for the cookie exchange and volleyball! The cookies were an amazing assortment of colours, textures, and creativity - I can't wait to try them! My contribution to the exchange happen to be a very simple recipe - but always a crowd favourite. If you're looking for an easy yet elegant addition to your holiday fare, give these a go!



Meringue Surprise Cookies
shared with me by Alisha

4 egg whites
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups white sugar
16 caramels, cut into 1/3's

Heat oven to 250*F. Line two large cookies sheets with parchment or wax paper.

In a stand mixer, combine egg whites, salt, and vanilla. Beat until foamy.

Gradually add in sugar, beating until peaks form.

Pipe or spoon mix into 3/4" wide mounds 1" apart on parchment. Top each mound with a piece of the chopped caramels, then pipe or spoon mix on top, covering caramel piece completely.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until crisp. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Cool for at least 10 minutes [or you'll burn your tongue on hot caramel!]

Makes about 48 cookies.


What is your go to recipe for cookie exchanges?

1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies! I remember you making them for my baby shower- sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)