Wednesday 7 December 2011

Ah-lex-ick-ah

I have a special place in my heart for my nieces and nephews. Before having children of my own, I already had several nephews, and a few nieces. One of these nieces was a lone princess for a few years before being granted a female cousin [on her Dad's side of the family anyways.] And so this sweet niece and I would play, painting nails, brushing hair, and all other sorts of girlie adventures. We even went 'pink' camping one summer! On Christmas Day, this sweet niece is turning eight, and will be baptised and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In Honor of her birthday, and her baptism, I have been working away at a special gift, for this very special girl! Darius calls her 'Alexica' [pronounced Ah-lex-ick-ah], but to me, she'll always be my sweet princess Alexa even if she scratched a chunk of skin out of my face, while smiling, the first time I met her.  Here's a sneak peek at what I've been making for this special girl:


What handcrafted gifts are you eager to give?

if you would like to make a scripture bag purse of your own, check out this blog for the free pattern and tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)