Wednesday 30 March 2011

I Got Your Back

Monday I twinged my lower back, completed my work out anyways, but could feel the strain. Tuesday morning my back was tight, and even after loosening it up throughout the day, it wasn't quite up to a workout. So, this morning, even though my back was still not great, I decided to hop on the treadmill and walk the whole three miles if I needed to. After fourteen minutes I had covered a mile, had tried to go up to a run a couple of times to no avail, but thought I'd try again. First I shuffled. Then I jogged. Then I was able to run. If you have a strained muscle in your back don't give up, and DON'T take it laying down - that will only make the muscle tighter and very uncomfortable. Listen to your body, take it slow, and if your body is ready it will let you go farther, faster, longer and become stronger over all.

Here's today's breakdown:
Treadmill
Incline: 2%
Duration: 38:27 minutes
Speed Range: 4.0- 7.0 mph
first mile in 14:20minutes, then two miles completed in 19:07 minutes
Total Distance: 3.31 miles

I'm saving my yoga work out for tomorrow as the boys needed me after the run - but hey, yoga still equals a rest day, just better! Also, tomorrow I will be posting some circuits that can be completed at home with simple, or no, equipment. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)