Saturday 11 February 2012

First

Eli turns One today! One! My baby is growing right before my eyes - literally. His sweet adventurous nature has him getting into EVERYTHING, and his big gummy grin gets him out of it all haha! For Eli's first birthday cake, I made a new coconut cupcake recipe, Darius choose to use his special dinosaur cupcake liners, and together we made one very special little boy very happy! If you have a birthday cake to make soon, read on for the recipe, and enjoy some sweet photos along the way!



Clean Coconut Cupcake
an original recipe created by me!

1 1/2 c. stone ground whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 tbsp. honey
1 c. coconut milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix all ingredients together ensuring that the flour is evenly distributed through the batter. Scoop the batter into cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 of the way full. Bake in a 375*F for 12-14 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the icing, take a look at this post. Whipped coconut cream is a delicious alternative to icing!

For a little bit more creaminess, I cored the cupcakes, and filled them with coconut cream pudding - so yum!







 Most of our swimming time was spent with Eli in tears, cuddled right into me - poor baby was so overwhelmed with the noise!


The past year has been incredible, getting to know and love every little bit of you has been an adventure, and I am so happy to be your Mommy! Thank you for brightening my day, teaching me new tricks, and laughing along the way. Your smiles are contagious, thighs are rolley-polley, and teeth so tiny yet you still manage to grind them incessantly! Darius loves you so much, and you and Daddy are inseparable!


Happy Birthday Sweet Eli!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe I am always on the hunt for a good vegan cake for Isaiah I will be trying this out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Isaiah likes it Erin! And thanks Estelle for the birthday wishes! Eli definitely felt/feels the love!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)