Friday 15 March 2013

Projects

I'm 33 weeks today and feeling the crunch! This weekend will be spent picking up supplies for the various projects and getting them going...I'm be working into next week for sure, but that's okay cause I'm getting the ball rolling!
Curious what projects are currently underway? Here's a list of the DIY links I'll be utilising:

Making the master bed headboard. I am still on the fence as to whether I'll be making the headboard or buying this one from Ikea.
The deciding factor will be cost; if I can find the right materials for as cheaply as the tutorial did (she spent $67!!) then I'm making it! The king sized headboard from IKEA is $299, so we'll just have to wait and see which happens.


Transferring photos to canvas for the boys room. At an activity for the women's group in my church, some women made canvas prints of their families...I'm doing super heroes ha! The boys should love them, provided they turn out.


When I was at the Easter Sale for Coco Rose Couture yesterday, the beautiful and talented Bree, owner and creator of Coco Rose explained to me how to make the hair clip holder that she sells in her shop! I couldn't believe how generous she was to explain, in detail, how to make these! So, baby girl's room also has a project in the works! [Follow Coco Rose Couture on facebook; Bree often does giveaways that are completely incredible!]


Besides these projects we have the babies room to clear out, the basement to clear out, an item being picked up that we sold on kijiji [yeah!], family dropping by on both Saturday and Sunday, church Sunday, and possibly helping some friends out Saturday afternoon...I'm ready for bed already ha! 

What projects do you have going on this weekend? Do you blaze through a pile of projects at once, or tackle one thing at a time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)