Monday 29 August 2011

Work it OUT!

Following a night of interrupted sleep, my nerves were feeling a little frazzled this morning. So, as I sat down to eat breakfast with my little man, I jotted down my "to do" list, and topping the list was a bold
WORKOUT

So, that's just what I did! If you're feeling a little rough around the edges, a good sweat session will help restore your focus, and might even put a little pep in your step - so you might as well give it a go!


The Workout Breakdown

Jillian Michael's Amazing Arms workout (as seen in the July/August 2011 Fitness Magazine)
10 reps, 2 sets of the following:
                -  One-Legged Curl 10lbs dumbbells
                - Hip Heist
                - Staggered Push-Up
                - Frog Hop
                - Forearm Press

Followed by 10 reps, 2 sets of:

From a standing position, hinge at the hip while keeping legs strong and straight. Reach for your foot while lifting the kettlebell up with the other hand (pictured above)
                - kettlebell windmills 16.5lbs kettlebell
               
                - kettlebell swings 35lbs kettlebell


And finished up with:
                - Self - Slim and Sleek Fast Work out DVD (using 5lbs dumbbells)

Total time was approximately 50 minutes. I now feel human again, and am back to being the happy-energetic Mama I want to be; definitely time well spent!

Have you had a great workout today? Do you have any favorite workout DVDs for when your motivation is lagging? And, do you write a plethora of to do lists? I think I'm addicted to them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)