Wednesday 31 August 2011

Rainy Day

After two full days of rain, when we woke up this morning and saw the rain drops falling, yet again, my sweet little Darius was more than a little despondent. Seeing his little shoulders fall as he looked out the window, I knew I had my work cut out for me today. Time to put on my entertainer hat!

We had a camp out [in a REAL tent!] fought super villains, made cookies [just wait until I show you these babies! I'll post about them later as they deserve their very own post] and had a delicious warm breakfast for supper [yep, I'm that cool ha!]


My little Captain America. Today I was Thor...there is no picture evidence



Darius seriously passed out leaning on the counter while baking cookies! I never knew baking was so exhausting ha!

And now for the delicious breakfast we had for supper. It will warm you up, and bring some good old fashioned comfort on a cold day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


Katie's German Pancakes


Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup soy milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
5 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil

Preheat oven to 450F. While your oven warms, and your house is finally warm in these pre-furnace months, place the coconut oil in your pan (I used a 9x13) and set it aside.
Place the remaining ingredients in a blender, and mix that goodness up!
When the oven is preheated, place the pan in the oven for three minutes to melt the coconut oil.
Remove the pan, with melted coconut oil from the oven, pour in the pancake mixture, and return to the oven. Set your timer for 17 minutes, and wait patiently!
When the pancake is baked, remove from the oven and let stand for a couple of minutes before serving. Score the bake (as pictured above) and serve with berries, nut butters, or honey.

What breakfast do you love to have for dinner? Or do you stick to tradition and only eat breakfast in the a.m.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)