Friday 22 February 2013

Yoga and Chocolate

This morning has been extremely restorative after a night spent carting my sweetie pie back to his bed. Eli is at the "I don't want to miss a thing" stage, and so sleeping through the night is just not an option in his mind. And so this morning I embarked on a feel good routine that has done wonders for my mood, energy, and body! First, the boys and I made raw chocolates. Yes RAW. When my mom moved recently I became the owner of all the necessary ingredients to make my own chocolates from the raw ingredients. And so, we searched out a recipe and got to it! The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and allows for personalisation of flavors.

Raw Chocolate

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Cacao butter
  • 1.5 cups Cacao powder
  • 3/4 cup Sweetener (agave, honey, stevia) [I used pure maple syrup]
  • 2 pinches of Sea Salt
  • Optional add-ins: Maca, cinnamon, chia seeds, cashews, nuts, essential oils
Directions:
  • Boil a pot of water
  • Chop up cacao butter and add to a glass dish, then set on top of pot of water.
  • Stir until the cacao butter completely melts, then pour into bowl.
  • Add cacao powder in and stir until all the powder is dissolved.
  • Add sweetener, sea salt, and optional ingredients in and stir (you can do this before the powder if you like as well).
  • Taste the chocolate and make adjustments if needed.
  • Pour into molds (or use a squeeze container, but move fast before it hardens)
  • Freeze for 30 minutes then enjoy.
I added toasted shredded coconut, toasted slivered almonds, cinnamon pieces, and pure vanilla extract. The chocolate is dark and rich, and the additions just give it that little bit of something something. And the best part? A little bit of this sweet treat cures a huge chocolate craving.

After creating, enjoying, and cleaning up my chocolate mess, the boys and I made a birthday surprise for my nephew, then headed upstairs to enjoy Batman [the boys] and prenatal yoga [me]. The yoga routine that I did today was wonderful and exactly what my tight shoulders and sore knee* needed. Find the wonderful routine here:

This is a 30 minute routine that will leave you feeling taller, stronger, and more relaxed. Such a beautiful thing!

So go on, enjoy some chocolate, do yoga, and open yourself up to all the wonderful intentions you have set for today. 

*Yes, my right knee is still sore from my fall down the stairs in mid December. I have still been lifting weights,  and walking regularly  and doing my best to stretch and rest my knee as well. Hopefully it will be 100% sooner than later :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)