Wednesday 10 April 2013

yoga in the morning

I couldn't sleep this morning. 3:30 rolled around and I was brought out of a somewhat restful sleep by the sound of a bedroom door closing. I didn't know if it was a dream, or if one of my sweet little boys was soon to be standing beside my bedside looking for some room. I waited, then I got curious and check on the two of them. Sawing logs. Seeing their peaceful faces and hearing the soft sounds of sleep, I made my way back to bed where I laid wide awake until 5 when I decided to check emails. At 530 I started yoga. At 7 Eli noisily closed his door, and the day got rolling!
The yoga class I did this morning was held in my room, and was wonderful! I highly recommened it to everyone - but esspecially those with a baby on board. Lots of rythmic movement, deep breathing, and hip openning poses. 


An hour later I felt amazing, refreshed, and ready for the day ahead. Definitely will do this in early labour as well. The only downside I found with this routine is the lack of kegel exercises, but I simply added those in on my own. If you are new to kegels, or not sure if they're important, believe me that they make a BIG difference in the ability to effectively and efficiently give birth, and recover afterwards. There are other benefits as well, but when it comes to birth, kegels are a must do prep move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)