Monday 6 June 2011

Abs, Chest & Back

How's your 30 DAY challenge going? Haven't started yet? See this post to get going! If you're six days in like me, great work - let's keep it up!

As I was reading my June issue of Oxygen Magazine (if you haven't subscribed yet, do it now! You can get a great deal through amazon, but for some reason I'm not able to link it right now, so you'll have to just look it up) I found soooo many great workouts. Needless to say, I was excited! Today I tried out the ABS and Chest workouts (found separately in the issue) and I am sooo sore... especially since I followed up my workout with land clearing the likes of our ancestors settling in waist high grassed prairies weeding Mom's garden. I seriously don't think I needed an actual workout before heading out to the garden (in retrospect), but the one-two punch to my muscles definitely has me feelin' it!

ABS
Do three sets of the following:

8 reps of Stability Ball Roll-up with a Twist
(start in the position pictured above. Then, not moving anything but your hips, twist your hips to the left. Now roll the ball in towards your chest, keeping your hips twisted through the entire move. Return to neutral, and repeat on the left side. That's one rep.)


20 reps of Bicycle Crunch
(The lower your legs, the harder this move will be.)


12 reps of Stability Ball Leg Lift


Chest
 Do three sets of the following, completing each move before moving onto the next (rest 1 minute in between):

8 reps Barbell Bench Press with 20lbs 

8 reps Dumbbell Decline Flye with 10lbs

8 reps Machine Chest Press with 40lbs

10 reps Machine Pec Flye with 40lbs

8 reps Push-up

I intend to do these workouts at least twice a week for the next three to four weeks to get my base strength back up. It shocked me to find out that the sit ups in this workout were the most challenging part. I was seriously faster at the burpee box jumps - no joke. So, my abs are needing some lovin' - and that's just what I intend to give them!

Is there a chink in your armour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)