Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lung-busting Circuit

All girl crossfit class - totally awesome

Maybe it's just me, but crossfit kicks my butt! Today I asked my awesome husband to put me through the paces of a crossfit work out, and boy did he deliver! I didn't ask ahead of time how many sets I'd be doing, so when I finished my fourth and he said, "okay, do it again," I looked at him and gasped,"how many more times?" In my mind I was thinking my fifth set would be my last, so when he said, "three more," my jaw dropped. Instead of whining, I reminded myself that I asked for his help, and while it was hard work, I really was enjoying the workout. So, just in case you're looking for a little crossfit inspiration, here's today's workout recap:

Warm up with 5 minutes of jogging, and big arm circles then do 7 repetitions and 8 sets of the following:

Shoulder Press with dumb bells*
Air Squats
Push ups (admittedly this is my weak spot, so I did the modified version)
Dead lifts*
Sit Ups
Squat with medicine ball toss*
Rotating Knees to Elbows

* pick a weight which you can only complete 7 repetitions with to really max out your muscles

On my last set, I did twenty sit ups, twenty squats with medicine ball toss, and twenty each side of the rotating knees to elbows. Yes, it was hard. Yes, I felt the urge to puke. And yes, I will do this one again.  The point of crossfit is to complete the rounds AS FAST AS YOU CAN while still maintaining perfect form. This will engage your cardiovascular system as well as your muscles to really make the most of your workout time.

Day one of the "30 DAY Sweat" Challenge done. Have you committed to complete the challenge yet? Read more about it here, and sign up for the fun!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an INTENSE workout! What is "Rotating Knees to Elbows"?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)