Tuesday 14 June 2011

Short and Sweet

I'm in a rush this morning, but seeing as the day is not going to slow down one bit, I needed to fit in a fast and effective workout. Enter the world of high intensity training! I created a circuit that alternates high impact pylometrics and low impact weight bearing exercises. Give it a try - you may just be hooked!

Warm up: 5 minutes walking at 4.3mph

Do 7 reps of the following moves, repeating for a total of 5 sets

jump squats
push ups
burpee box jumps
bicycle crunch
alternating high knees
kettlebell swings (16.5lb kettlebell)

Cool down: 5 minutes walking slowing down from 7.5mph down to 4.0mph

To up the intensity, do the circuit as FAST as you can - time yourself. I completed it in 10:55 and I already want to do it again tomorrow to see how much faster I can go. Racing yourself is a great motivator!

Do you have a favorite fast workout your busy schedule relies on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)