Thursday 15 September 2011

Heaven on Earth

While getting creative in the kitchen I made a little discovery that I have now made a few times. No joke. It is a gluten free, dairy free, egg free little number that has my taste buds singing! I started out with the express purpose of creating a muffin that I could share with family and friends in the gluten free camp.  Reports have been coming back that this 'muffin' is the BEST gluten free treat on earth - and while I am not one to brag, I think they might be right! Without further ado, I give you a little piece of heaven on earth!




 Chocoholic Banana Dream Muffins


3/4 cup rice flour
1 cup black bean flour
1/2-2/3 cup cocoa powder
3 large ripe bananas
1 cored apple
1 tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking soda
3/4 c honey
1 cup peanut butter
plus dark chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (I used roughly 2/3 cup)




Preheat oven to 300F convection (or 325F if not on convection)


Place banana and apple in vitamix and blend together.


Once pureed, add the honey, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix.


When all wet ingredients are completely mixed together, start adding the dry ingredients, stopping to scrap down sides and pulse mixer often.


Scoop mixture into lightly sprayed muffin tins (I use a canola oil cooking spray, you can use what you like best!) and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place the muffin tin into the oven, and bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.


Let muffins cool on wire rack for five minutes, then gently lift muffins out of tins and onto rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm, cool, or frozen - they're amazing just about every way we've tried!

Have you made any yummy discoveries lately? Have you begun your Canadian Thanksgiving recipe search? I know I have!



2 comments:

  1. Those look SO yummy!
    What is the mystery ingredient? 3/4 C (_________) Honey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Holly! Yes, honey is the missing ingredient. I'm partial to organic creamed honey, but I'm sure that there are other types of honey out there that would work well in this recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)