Monday 9 May 2011

Peanut Butter

Did you know that peanuts have a higher concentration of antioxidants than blueberries? True story. And I love me some peanut butter! All natural peanut butter (read: not processed, and all that's listed on the ingredients list is peanuts) is my go to staple and I have it once a day in my morning protein shake. One tablespoon is a serving, loaded with healthy oils (read: fats), protein, vitamins, and antioxidants. Oh so good!
Why the rant on peanut butter you may ask? Well, I just had a peanut butter sandwich with Darius during our living room 'picnic'. While Darius paired the standard honey with his peanut butter, I sliced up some cucumber for a deliciously refreshing sandwich. Try it - you won't be disappointed.


This mornings work out was cut in half as Eli woke up right before I was to begin my second round. The first round was hard enough to be satisfied with my efforts, so instead of hopping back into workout clothes at nap time, I snuggled Darius and napped right along with him. You gotta love a snuggle!

Work out Breakdown:

Warm up: 2 minutes of kettle bell swings

1) kettle bell wood chop (low to high)
90 seconds hard run
2) squat (kettle bell held at chest height)
90 seconds hard run
3) bicep curls (one arm at a time with dumbbell)
90 seconds hard run
4) triceps overhead extensions (with kettle bell)
90 seconds hard run
5) chest press on ball (one arm at a time, with kettle bell)
90 seconds hard run
6)crunch (kettle bell held on chest)
90 seconds hard run
7) shoulder press (one arm at a time with dumbbell)
90 seconds hard run
 
*each weight move was preformed 15 times, with a 16.5 kettle bell or 10lbs dumbbell.
 
Eli was calling about 20 seconds into the last run, so I pushed myself, finished up the 90, and ran down the call to answer his call.
 
The sun is shinning, so the boys and I are headed outside. You gotta love the sun! What are you doing this afternoon? Have you gotten your workout in?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)