Saturday 12 November 2011

Handcrafted Christmas

I never stop thinking about Christmas. Never. I listen to Christmas music year round; I look forward to the time when every house is covered in lights; a tree glows in the window; and carolers sing on door steps and street corners. I love the thought of cuddling up with a cup of hot chocolate, a fire, and my Amazing Husband while the kids doze happily in their warm beds. You get the picture? This year it was decided that we would embark on a new tradition, one that takes thought, planning, and talent to pull off: Handcrafted Gifts for Everyone on Our List! For one another, our kids, our family and friends, a lot of time and preparation is going into what will be given as tokens of love, appreciation, and gratitude. I've been slowly getting items completed[since February], but have left the bulk of the work until now, and my list is long and daunting...but oddly exhilarating at the same time[we'll see if I still feel that way in a month...] You see, once you think of the PERFECT gift for someone, the anticipation of watching them open and enjoy it, is worth all the effort. Here are just a few of the projects on my list to make:


Aprons [his and hers]

Pajama Shorts

Crochet Headbands

Handbag

If you're looking for ideas to incorporate this idea into your Christmas gifts, there are a plethora or tutorials online. Some of my favorite site for handcrafted goodness are:

MADE

Make It Love It

House of Smiths

Jones Design Company

Ana White

Check out the sources, get inspired, and don't forget to have fun! Darius was looking at ideas today trying to figure out what to make for his brother - it almost brought a tear to my eye!! I of course only gave a hint of what all will be completed in my craft space, but I look forward to sharing the completed projects soon!







1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see how your projects turn out. I am sure they will be amazing and your kids and family will have a real treasure for Christmas! Please let me help somehow. Maybe Darius could come over and play with prycen and you could get some real craft time in?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)