Tuesday 1 November 2011

Whipped Coconut Cream

I had a request for the 'how to' on whipped coconut cream. This is seriously, the EASIEST little treat to whip up and serve on desserts, so I don't know why I didn't think of it myself! But alas, I found it when I was searching for an alternative topping to garnish my vegan pumpkin pie


Whipped Coconut Cream

ingredients:
premium, full fat canned coconut milk
optional: powdered sugar

directions:
place the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Once it has chilled completely, open the can [DO NOT SHAKE IT, TURN IT, OR OTHERWISE JOSTLE THE CONTENTS BEFOREHAND] and scoop out the thick cream sitting ontop into a large bowl, or standmixer bowl.

Either whip with a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, until smooth and creamy, then enjoy! [optional:add icing sugar to thick the whipped cream even more, but I found it plenty rich and thick without added sugar]


What would you love to top with Coconut Cream? I enjoyed it thouroughly on my pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but I bet it would be equally good on cake, or as a dip for fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)