Tuesday 19 April 2011

Reflections

My little men and I are heading out of town this morning to attend the funeral of a good friend of mine. A week ago today she finished her fight with cancer, and is mercifully no longer in pain. She was an amazing woman, wife, mother and friend and will be missed greatly. I am so grateful to have known her. As I have been reflecting this past week on life, it has made me realize many things. Too many to innumerate in fact. But here is just a glimpse into my soul.

I am grateful for my body that moves freely, strongly, and swiftly. It is a miracle to have a body that is able to run, and I vow not to take that forgranted again. Sometimes I have felt like I have to run. Now, I have a burning desire to run, simply because I can. What a gift it is. All my friend wanted to do was be able to get back to her energetic self and run again.

I am grateful for every moment I get to snuggle my sweet boys. My friend leaves behind a three children, the youngest being a ten year old boy.

I am grateful for my awesome husband, who stands by me, loves me, and supports me no matter what. My sweet friend has an amazing husband who is now burying his wife today. Yet, he has found the silver lining in this - he is so immensely grateful that she is no longer in pain. Watching her suffer has been so hard, that he finds comfort knowing she is whole again.

I an grateful for my faith. For those of you that don't know me I am a Latter Day Saint. For more on what I believe look here. My belief in life after death gives me comfort that I will be with those I love here once more. And that my friend will be with her sweet husband and children again. Comfort for sure.

Death is a great equalizer - it does not discriminate. Do what you love, and love what you do for everyday is a gift not to be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)