Tuesday 12 April 2011

"I'm going to San Deigo!"

Darius shouts this as he runs around the house, whiling playing at the play place, and most recently he cried for it as we drove home from getting Eli's passport photo done. Turns out sweetie pie thought we were heading to San Diego straight from the photo studio...opps. After the tears cleared, Darius was back to his happy self, and is reassured that we are going, we but not until this summer. I seriously can't wait! Sun, sand, beach - a recipe for happiness for this Mama! Check out little Eli's mug shots for his passport - I could nibble those cheeks all day - baby you are delicious!!!



I went to the Village Studio, and getting Eli's photos done was a quick and painless process. These people are pros with babies, and wonderfully nice to boot! If you need to get a little ones photo done, I highly recommend heading over to the Studio.

Before we ran our quick photo errand, I hopped on the treadmill for my morning workout. To warm up I did a two minute routine of pylometric jump squats, and jump lunges. After yesterdays workout I definitely felt these moves in my glutes! It was a quick way to warm up though, and that's what I needed this morning. Here's the break down for this mornings run:

Treadmill

Incline: 2%
Warm up: pylo jumps
Cool down: 5 minutes
Total time: 23:29 minutes
Total Distance: 2.33 miles
Speed Range: 5.5-7.8 mph

I ran my second mile in 8:29 which felt great - afterwards ahaha. I wanted to see if I could beat 8:55, and then it became "can I come in under 8:30?" I did it, and I'm definitely happy with my my time, and look forward to besting it again later.

Do you have any travel plans for this summer? Are you a sun and sand girl? or Do you prefer a cityscape to explore?

3 comments:

  1. aww! He's so cute Katie! Good job getting your runs in early;) Sarah Elton and I are doing a half in Lehi at the end of the month. I just got new shoes and they feel great! Excited to hear about your trip to San Diego! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture kills me. i adore those little chin rolls.

    we are going to alabama this summer (and maybe south of france if i can convince michael that we need to travel a bit on our own before we have a kid or something...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob and I want to go to Utah and then onto San Diego too! Lets go together haha When are you guys going?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)