Saturday 2 April 2011

LSD

Saturday is the day of LSD - Long Slow Distance.  Today's distance is the furthest I've gone yet, and each Saturday will be the 'bigger better' game leading up the my half marathon on May 28th (eight weeks away!). LSD is the best way to build up your miles without piling on the injuries. If you increase your speed and distance too quickly then you're setting yourself up for potential injury - the ultimate bane of a training plans existence! So, take it slow, enjoy the ride, and feel the pride at the end of your run when you can truly say "I did it!"

Today's Run:

Treadmill

Incline: 1.2-2.9% (Treadmill set on 'Random' level 3 and then 2)
Speed: 4.0-7.1mph
Warm up: 5 minutes
Cool down: 3 minutes (I wanted a longer cool down, but Eli wanted to eat. A hungry baby will always trump a decent cool down)
Total Time: 53:35 minutes
Total Distance: 5.2 miles
Feeling: great!


Lands End Half Marathon September 21, 2009. My sister and I (on the right) ran together, and this is the 'home stretch' of the race. It felt soo good! I can't wait for another photo finish at the end of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)