Monday 11 April 2011

Monday, Monday

A fresh week is something I love!

Today my baby is two months old, and to celebrate Darius and I will be doing a little photo shoot of the wee man later. Don't worry, you'll get to see the photos! I still can't believe Eli is getting so big, but I'm loving almost every minute of it. But enough about the boys, you'll be able to hear about them, and feast your eyes on they're deliciousness later!

A fresh week always has me making a 'to do' list, and excited to tick things off. Yes, I seriously get excited about 'to do' lists. The thing about these beauteous pieces of paper - or files on your computer, or what have you - is that your day/week/year/life is simplified into simple steps, and all you have to do is conquer one task at a time. I even go as far as to put 'shower' down on my lists - no joke. I am slightly neurotic obsessed with check marks! As a child I thrived on star charts though, so I'm sure my infatuation with lists is no surprise to my parents.

Here's a look at today's list:





There are soooo many other things I want to get done today, but something I've learnt since Eli arrived on the scene, is to put less on my list for now. I'm not trying to become a slacker under-achiever, but am simply trying to find balance. You see, for me my list drives my day, and I want to leave room for enjoying my sweet boys with out my list hanging over me pushing me away from cuddles and to my sewing machine - I am so behind on projects!
Just as my list indicates, my workout is complete already (yeah for morning nap time!) so here's the break down:

Weights:
super sets
2 sets, 10 reps
dumbbell squat       one-arm bent over row        chest press on ball                       one-arm triceps kick back
dumbbell lunge       twisting hammer curl            seated shoulder press on ball       triceps dips

bicycle crunch
plank (hold for 60 seconds)

Treadmill

Incline: 2%
Warm up: none
Cool Down: 5 minutes
Distance: 3.32 miles
Total time: 34:24 minutes
Speed range: 5.7 - 6.8mph


It felt great! And while it was tough to get through the 3 miles mentally, I got through it and feel stronger because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)