Sunday 5 June 2011

Mango Goodness

As I thought about what to make for dinner tonight, I looked in the freezer and saw salmon. Mmmmm salmon. I love it! I prepared it simply with lemon juice and kosher salt, and laid it on celery stalks in a roasting pan.


 While this baked at 400F for 35 minutes, I racked my brain to figure out what to serve with the lemony delicious salmon. Enter mango. I made a simple mango salsa, which I served on top of the salmon with quinoa on the side. Simply delicious!



Simple Mango Salsa
serves 5

1 small mango, diced
1/2 c. chopped cilantro, stems removed
2"  long section of English cucumber, diced
2 green onions, diced
lime juice to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, set aside. When the salmon is plated and ready to serve, heap a generous serving of salsa onto the salmon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)