Saturday 4 June 2011

Ready to Sweat?

I have a KILLER workout for you today - and the worst best part is, it's fast!

Start with a warm up, because jumping into crossfit with cold and tight muscles will only result in injury!

Warm up: 2 minutes walking, 8 minutes jog/run
Large Arm circles, both directions
Power Clean with bar, no plates

Then complete the following for time:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Power Clean (155/105)
15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15 Sit ups
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Burpee Box jump (24/10)


I used a bar with 20lbs total for the power cleans, and a standard chair pushed up against the wall for the burpee box jumps. It was rough, and I really slowed down towards the end, but I completed the workout as fast as I could for a time of 16:22 minutes (not including warm up.)

Now, because my good friend Holly reminded me that not all exercise names describe the move, here's a breakdown of power cleans and burpee box jumps (I assume you have sit ups covered!)

Power Cleans:


Burpee Box Jumps:



Seriously intense workout! Oh, and just to clarify a move in the Lung Busting Circuit, the "rotating knees to elbow" is preformed by standing tall with your hands behind your head, elbows out to the side. Lift your left knee as high as you can, while simultaneously rotating your right elbow to touch the left knee. Go back to starting position, and complete on the opposite side for one repetition. 

Give this workout a try, and post your time in the comments. I am happy with 16:22, but I will DEFINITELY be doing this one again at the end of the month and see how much time I can shave off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and have you contribute to the blog! Thanks for stopping by and reading :)